Current recordset does not support updating this may be fred couples dating now
And this is for ANY application, name it PHP, Coldfusion, whatever2.
You cannot make a system DSN with a UNC (\Server\resource), so you must map the drive Cute isn't it? I quit on ODBC and went via ADO, this is the code that works:=== CODE ===$db = '\\server\resource\db.mdb';$conn = new COM('ADODB.
All I got is this message: Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path.
Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides., SQL state S1009 in SQLConnect in d:\apache\cm\on line 13So...
I couldn't understand what was going on and after a bit of research I found out that with My SQL they recommended using mysql_pconnect() for INSERT queries. If using Openlink to connect to a Microsoft Access database, you will most likely fine tha odbd_connect() works fine, but discover that ANY query will produce odd results; with SELECT queries failing with "[Open Link][ODBC][Driver]Driver not capable, SQL state S1C00 in SQLExec Direct in on line xx" and INSERT / DELETE queries warning "No tuples available at this result index". This had me stumped for quite some time; because it was the odbc_exec() which was seemingly at fault...
:) Siggy - Windows - OS- Apache- ODBC-Connction to MS-Access DB on a:- Network Share After many hours searching here´s how it works:- Map the Network Drive where the mdb is located- Setup System DSN in Control Panel with mapped Drive- Open Registry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC_INI- Edit the for example "M:\" to "\server\..."- Close Regedit- The Apache-Service must run with a Domain (network)-User!!
Connection');$conn-Open("DRIVER=; DBQ=$db");// Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)// must be the name in your odbc drivers, the one you get// from the Data Sources (ODBC).// In this case, I'm in Mexico but the driver name is in portuguese, thanks Microsoft.$sql = 'SELECT username FROM tbl Usuarios';$res = $conn- [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified If you keep running into this on the 64 bit versions of windows, ie server 2008, and none of the other solutions helped.
Idealy, my program would run indefinately, and issue odbc_connect()/odbc_close() when appropriate.
There are lots of posts saying use systems not files, but none (that I have seen) which explain why.